St Kevin’s and their sister school, St Patrick’s in Murrumbeena share the same parish priest, Fr Barry Tobin. Other than this the two schools and parishes run independently of each other. Mr Rodney Dearing, the parish pastoral associate works in both parishes and schools assiting in the working together of parish and parish school. While Fr Barry resides in the presbytery of St Patrick’s, Bishop Peter Elliott resides in the Ormond residence. Bishop Elliott also assist in the St Kevin’s parish when he is available.
St Kevin’s Ormond Parish Office
73 Glen Orme Ave
Phone: 613 9578 1450
Fax: 613 9578 9216
Pastoral Associate: Wed & Fri
|Saturday||9:10 am & 6:00 pm|
The parish dates back to 30 March, 1924. On this date, the foundation stone of the original church/school was blessed and laid by His Grace the Archbishop of Melbourne, Most Reverend Daniel Mannix. At this time Ormond was not a separate parish, it being served from Glenhuntly under the able administration of Father Patrick Cremin, PP, assisted by Father Frank McGire.
On the 18 November, 1928, Father F. Conlon was appointed Parish Priest of the newly formed St Kevin’s Ormond and the first official opening of the parish took place on the following Sunday, 25 November. On 9 June 1929, the Presbytery was opened by His Grace.
During the 1950s architect, Mr Cyril Kelly was engaged and plans were commenced for the present church of St Kevin’s. The church was completed and blessed by Archbishop Mannix on 4 September, 1955.